When most people find mold in their home the first instinct is to throw it out. The majority of the time, that is easy to do and a good decision. Then comes the day you find mold in someplace you can't exactly throw away such as on a wall. What now? Take a trip to Home Depot or Lowes and ask for something to help clean off mold and you will hear one word- Sporicide.
What Is Sporicide?
Sporicide is a chemical mixed together that is toxic to growing micro-organisms. In this case, it is used to kill young mold by quickly suffocating it and dissolving the roots. A more household name for sporicide is disinfectant.
It is advised to use a small amount of sporicide when performing household maintenance in moist areas of your home such as the bathroom. Its use will aid in preventing the growth of mold. When the mold is barely visible and beginning to take root, you can use a higher concentration to remove it safely from the wall. Remember to air out the room afterward.
All SERVPRO franchises have access to a unique selection of chemicals accessible only to the SERVPRO family. These disinfectants and cleaners are specially concocted by our team of a chemist in Tennessee. Their sole purpose, to make sure we are able to use only the best possible product for your home.
Need your home Spring clean? Give SERVPRO of South Pasadena a call today at 281-412-6211.