What To Do Incase Of A Fire.
In The Same Room As A Fire
**Please do not stay in the same room as the fire if you do not feel comfortable or confident in your ability to control it. Evacuate Immediately and call 911 to alert the professionals**
- Grease: Turn off the burner. Grab a non-glass lid or baking sheet for the pot/pan and place over the fire while wearing oven mitts.
- Oven: Smother the fire by throwing baking soda or salt onto it. Do NOT use similar products such as flour. It could cause an explosion.
- Electrical: If you can reach the cord safely, unplug it. Using a heavy blanket or baking soda, you can smolder the fire if it is small. Do NOT use water as it may worsen or cause a shock.
- General: Use a Fire Extinguisher if you have one available. For a guide on how to use an extinguisher please see our SERVPRO video. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFifToYGgto&feature=youtu.be )
In The Same Building As A Fire
- Evacuate to the nearest exit.
- If you come across a closed door place your hand on it to check for heat. Do NOT touch the door handle before you know it is safe.
- Should you come to a smoke-filled area crawl underneath the smoke sticking close to the floor where the air is breathable.