A Graffiti Situation
It can happen to any business at any time. Schools and Downtown buildings understand the fear all too well. One day it’s not there and the next the walls are filled with colored scribbles. Graffiti can come in many forms such as tagging, wild style, or a creative piece. (click here to learn more).
Not all Graffiti is created equal. Some would argue it can be a piece of art, others are seen as disgusting vandalism. There are countless reasons people do it but something universal to all version is how difficult it is to clean up. If you find your business marked, have your maintenance man/woman take a look at these tips for removing graffiti.
5 Handy Removal Tips
- Remove the Graffiti as quickly as possible! The longer it sits the more it settles into the material.
- Use a 3000psi pressure washer. When using this method do so with caution as too high of a pressure will etch the image you are trying to get rid of permanently into the surface.
- Commercial cleaners do exist that will help strip the paint. Take a trip to your nearest Home Deopt or Lowes
- Sandpaper the image down before removal to weaken the top layer of paint.
- Do not try to scrub the paint off with cloth, use a steel brush for better results
- When in doubt, call the professionals!
SERVPRO of South Pasadena in an expert in Graffiti removal. The SERVPRO franchise has developed special chemical cleaners to aid in the removal of paint that, when used correctly, could lessen the damage to the surface trying to be cleaned.
Did your building get tagged when you weren't looking? Don't let it be something you stress over and call us at (281)-412-6211.