We are here to help
SERVPRO of South Pasadena is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 713-472-4162
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of South Pasadena has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of South Pasadena
SERVPRO of South Pasadena specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Happy Independence Day From SERVPRO!
Fireworks Safety Tip: M-Class fireworks are meant for professional displays. Check to see which fireworks are legal for use in you local area.
Happy 4th of July from SERVPRO!
Happy 4th of July! We know summer is filled with backyard barbecues, parades, and fireworks displays, but did you know that more fires are reported on the 4th of July than any other day of the year?
Each year, fireworks cause on average 1,300 structure fires, 300 vehicle fires and nearly 17,000 other fires, including grass fires, explosions, and even people have been engulfed in flames during a seemingly innocent childhood tradition.
Before preparing your personal fireworks display, check which fireworks are legal in your area and that there is no burn-ban in affect.
Below is a list of fireworks that may be legal for purchase in your area:
- Bottle Rockets
- Firecrackers (Fireworks designed to explode on the ground.)
- Roman Candles
Fireworks Safety Tips
SERVPRO is on call 24/7 for emergency fire damages, but of course, we would rather you avoid the fire hazard all together for your safety and those around you! Check out what the pro’s have to say about using fireworks safely:
- NEVER use fireworks while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Do not allow young children to handle fireworks. Have an adult supervise them closely and light the fireworks for them.
- NEVER light fireworks indoors, not even sparklers! People often do not realize that common sparklers burn around 2,000 degrees - hot enough to melt some metals.
- Do not try to re-light or handle fireworks that did not ignite properly. It may seem like a “dud”, but the malfunction could cause an explosion you are not prepared for.
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that have malfunctioned or have been used before discarding them in a trashcan.
- When lighting a firework, do not place your head or body over the projectile.
Suffer a Fire Damage?
SERVPRO offers 24 hours service for any emergency. Give a member of our friendly office staff a call and schedule a time for an initial inspection. In the mean time, check out our online guide on what you should do until help arrives!
For more information on SERVPRO Fire Damage Repair and Restoration services, click here.
Have a happy and safe 4th of July from SERVPRO of South Pasadena!
To speak with a job coordinator about making an appointment, call the office at 713-472-4162.
Or visit our website: www.SERVPROsouthpasadena.com
Suffer a NASTY Water Damage?
Handling contaminated material can be hazardous. Our trained technicians have all the right protective gear to handle contaminated items safely.
Category 3 Water
As if having water damage to your home isn't bad enough, what happens when the damage involves category 3 water?
Category 3 water, or black water, is water that is contaminated and possibly contains toxins, bacteria, or other harmful agents. This would include water from a sewer system, flood waters, or water that has sat longer for 3 days without proper cleaning and drying.
Faster to Your Disaster
When dealing with category 3 water, it is recommended to have the water and area cleaned and restored as quickly as possible. Every porous surface serves as a food source and breeding ground for pathogens and fungus, making it very easy for the contaminants to spread quickly throughout your home.
SERVPRO of South Pasadena offers 24/7 service from our trained professionals in the case you have damage to your home that can't wait!
What Should You Do Until Help Arrives?
Most homeowners are anxious to get the process of restoration started and often volunteer any work they can do to help the technicians. However, when dealing with black water, we suggest you not do ANYTHING.
While moving out soiled materials or placing fans in the wet areas seem like helpful gestures, you could actually be spreading pathogens and bacteria to other parts of the home that may not have been affected otherwise. It is safest to determine if you are able to remain living in the home and only grab personal belongings that you would like to take with you or move to a safe location. Our technicians arrive fully prepared to move furniture and perform any demolition necessary.
For more information on black water clean ups, click here.
If you have suffered a water damage, including a class 3 water damage such as a sewer back up, toilet overflow, or flooding, call your local SERVPRO® of South Pasadena to speak with a friendly member of our office staff: 713-472-4162. Or visit our website: www.SERVPROsouthpasadena.com
The Spark of Electrical Fires
The type of fire extinguisher you use on a fire matters! Always be aware of the kind of extinguishers you have available and their locations.
Fires in the home can come in many forms. One of the most dangerous fires is an electrical fire. Electrical fires are especially dangerous because not only is a fire ignited, the electricity has the potential to shock an unsuspecting victim.
Causes of Electrical Fires
Electrical fires often catch homeowners off guard when they are doing something they do everyday, like using a household appliance or plugging something into a socket or power strip. Below is a list of the common causes for electrical fires:
- Faulty outlets and appliances
- Light fixtures, lamps, and light bulbs
- Extension cords
- Space heaters
- Faulty wiring
December and January are the months with the most electrical fires due to an increased amount of heating appliances and lights. However, electrical fires can spark without the overhaul of Christmas lights. Overburdening your electrical outlets with any appliances can quickly spark an electrical fire.
How to Prevent an Electrical Fire
Here are some helpful tips to keep from falling victim to an electrical fire:
- Discard all cords and plugs that are worn or frayed
- Never break off the 3rd prong on a plug to plug it in to a 2-prong socket.
- Keep electrical cords away from water and heat sources.
- Avoid running electrical cords under rugs.
- When unplugging an item, hold the plug securely and remove the plug from the outlet.
- Only use extension cords temporarily
Properly Putting Out an Electrical Fire
Because electricity is involved, you cannot put out an electrical fire the same way you would a typical fire.
- Call 911 and GET OUT
- Call your local fire department or dial 911.
- Safely exit the building.
- Keep a safe distance from the building until fire fighters arrive.
- Disconnect the Electricity
- If an appliance is on fire, simply unplug the appliance by grabbing the plug and disconnecting from the wall.
- If the fire is in the wall or in an appliance you can’t unplug, safely get to the switch or electrical panel to shut off the electricity.
If the power is ON:
- Smother a small fire with baking soda.
- Use only a class C or ABC fire extinguisher. Remember to use the fire extinguisher properly.
- NEVER use water on an electrical fire that is still energized.
If the power is OFF:
- Use a fire extinguisher. If the power is off, it doesn’t matter which kind of fire extinguisher.
- Use a fire blanket or other thick blanket to smother the fire.
- Douse the fire with water. This is only safe and effective if the power source is OFF.
If your home or business has suffered an electrical fire, call SERVPRO of South Pasadena to speak to an expert about cleaning your home and saving your personal belongings!
Ask us about odor removal and how to care for other belongings affected by fires.
For more information on the SERVPRO's fire restoration process, click here.
A True Texas Shrine - The Buc-ee's Bathroom!
Aside from ranking Cleanest Restroom in the Nation, another survey in 2018 showed over all rest stop cleanliness rose 6%!
THE Texas Pit Stop
If you're from Texas, you know a road trip only means one thing - a visit with Texas' favorite beaver. Buc-ee's is a household name in the lone star state. What sets it a part from your normal travel station? Other than it's endless aisles of candy, world class beef jerky, irresistable fudge, and walls of Texas themed mechandise, Buc-ee's has the cleanest restrooms in the nation.
A Texas (Porcelain) Throne
Buc-ee's Bathrooms were ranked Cleanest in the Nation two years in the row, and is in the running for a third. How high are they setting the bar? There is a whole staff dedicated to cleaning the bathrooms, every hour on the hour 24/7. The staffs southern hospitality continues with the thoroughness of their toilet cleanings. Each toilet is scrubbed down and sanitized each cleaning. Other employees serve as restroom attendants, directing customers to available facilities and toiletries. While this is not the most desirable job, Buc-ee's ensures their wages are "Cleanest Restrooms in the Nation" worthy.
Not only does Buc-ee's take pride in their cleanliness, they provide an excellent overall restroom experience. Each Buc-ee's contains hallways of private stalls, opening into the handwashing area near the entrance. In each stall they offer towelettes for the seat and toilet handle, lid covers, and hand sanitizer pumps. Thus only improving the chance of cleanliness to grow.
If you're traveling across the Lone Star State this summer, check your route and visit a Buc-ee's! Take the Texas Beaver Challenge and visit all 34 Buc-ees locations across the state! Check out the list of all locations.
SERVPRO® of South Pasadena wants to remind you to have safe summer road trips!
A glance at the evolution of our service vehicles over the years!
Check out this SERVPRO® Throw Back Thursday!
Ted and Doris Isaacson launched SERVPRO in 1967 as a painting business, but with a background in cleaning and restoration, Ted and Doris soon transformed the company into a franchisor of cleanup and restoration specialists.
After selling its first franchise in 1969, SERVPRO continued to grow, and had 175 franchises by 1979. Noticing the steady growth, SERVPRO strategically moved its headquarters to Gallatin, TN. This location allowed them to be within 600 miles of 50% of the US. SERVPRO consisted of 647 franchises at the time.
In 1991 the Nashville Business Journal named SERVPRO the Small Business of the Year. Shortly after winning the title, SERVPRO sold it’s 1,000th franchise in 2000.
Today more than 1,700 franchises are operating nationwide, and SERVPRO continues to grow and serve their communities to the best of their abilities. With a proud history, a successful present, and a bright future- SERVPRO with press on toward becoming the premier cleaning and restoration company in the world!
If you are in need of restoration services after suffering a fire or water damage, our professional technicians are ready to assist you, and help make it "Like it never even happened."
For more information on SERVPRO, visit our website: https://www.SERVPROsouthpasadena.com/
If you would like to inquire about the services SERVPRO has to offer, or have experienced a water or fire damage, please call our helpful office staff at: (713) 472-4162
Does Your Business Need a FRESH Start for the Summer?
When it comes to getting the workspace spotless while staying in business count on SERVPRO to get the job done right while working with YOUR schedule!
Miss out on Spring Cleaning this year? SERVPRO® of South Pasadena offers Commercial Cleaning Services for those who have more important tasks at hand than your everyday grime and foot traffic of the workspace.
We service all business types:
- Retail Facilities
- Education Facilities
- Property Management
- Healthcare Facilities
- Hospitality Facilities
- Food Service Facilities
- Office Facilities
When the dirt, grime, and odor challenges your regular cleaning staff, call on SERVPRO®! Our trained technicians can take care of anything from removing dirt and dust in your air ducts to freshening heavy-trafficked carpet areas and other weathered upholsteries.
Whether it’s removing an odor or deep cleaning floors, SERVPRO® offers an array of cleaning services to keep your business in tip-top shape for any customer who visits! We even offer services to rid your building of any unfortunate vandalism.
For more details about our Commercial Cleaning Services, see the list below:
We have the specialized training and products to get your business back to pristine conditions. Best of all, SERVPRO® operates discretely as we understand that seeing a restoration vehicle in the front of your place of business may cause customers to raise an eyebrow. With our highly trained technicians available 24/7, SERVPRO makes it a personal standard to work with your schedule so that you can operate business as usual.
For more information on our Commercial Cleaning Services, check out the information page on our website
Or call and chat with a member of our friendly office staff for a quote on cleaning your building: 713-472-4162.
Prepping for Fire Restoration
Different building materials require different cleaning techniques and cleaners to properly rid them of soot and smoke odor.
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. It is important to know what steps you can take in preparation for restoration of the home while avoiding any actions that could possibly cause more damage.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim, and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment.
- Do not send any clothing to a dry cleaners since improper cleaning can set the smoke odor.
Please keep these tips in mind if you’ve had a fire in your home. Improper cleaning or handling of damaged materials may result in permanent damage. Before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up yourself, call SERVPRO® of South Pasadena where our Franchise Professionals have worked for over 40 years to help make fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
For more information about fire restoration contact our office staff at SERVPRO® of South Pasadena at (713) 472-4162 or visit our website: https://www.SERVPROsouthpasadena.com/
Sizzle into Summer with these Grilling Safety Tips
Keep decorations away from your cooking area to avoid flare ups that could cause harm to your guests or your home.
In 2013-2017, grills, hibachis or barbecues were involved in an average of 10,200 home fires per year! These fires contributed to the annual averages of 10 deaths, 160 reported injuries, and roughly $123 MILLION in direct property damages.
While the summertime sets the mood for outdoor barbecues and get togethers, it is important to practice safe outdoor grilling to ensure the safety of your guests, your home, and yourself.
Check out these tips to have a SAFE and enjoyable barbecue:
- Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from your house. This includes any portions attached to your house like carports, garages, and porches. Grills should not be used under wood overhangs or palapas either, as the fire could flare up into the structure above.
- Clean your grill regularly. If you allow grease or fat to build up on your grill, it could increase the potential for a flare up.
- Check for gas leaks if using a gas grill. Gas leaks are the silent, unexpected guests at your backyard barbecue. You can check for gas leaks by using a mixture of half liquid dish soap and half water. Rub the mixture on hoses and connections, then turn the gas on (with the grill lid open). If the soap mixture produces large bubbles, that's the sign of a potential gas leak. The hose may have small holes or the connection is not tight enough.
- Keep decorations away from your grill. No gathering is complete without the array of perfectly chosen, themed decorations straight from your Pinterest board. However, the decorations may look pretty, but they also add fuel to the fire. Today’s decor is often made of artificial fibers that burn extremely fast and hot. Keep a designated cooking area away from the house and decoration free.
- NEVER turn on the gas to your grill while the lid is closed. This can cause a buildup of gas inside your grill, and when you light it and open the lid, a fireball can explode in your face.
- Keep a fire extinguisher near your grill, and KNOW HOW TO USE IT. If you are unsure how to use it, call 911 immediately. Firefighters state that many fire deaths occur when people try to fight the fire themselves instead of calling for an expert.
You can read more about grill and fire statistics here:https://www.nfpa.org/-/media/Files/News-and-Research/Fire-statistics-and-reports/US-Fire-Problem/Fire-causes/osGrills.pdf
Your friends at SERVPRO® want you to have a fun and safe summer!
If you have experienced a fire caused by a barbecue or gas grill, contact SERVPRO® of South Pasadena at (713) 472-4162, or check out our website for more summer safety tips: https://www.SERVPROsouthpasadena.com/
Restoring VS Replacing Belongings After a Water Damage
No matter the cause, SEVRPRO® is here to help restore your home and your belongings!
One of the most common topics after a client suffers water damage, is how and what they can save from water damage. Unfortunately, there is no clear cut answer to this question. Every water damage is unique in some sense, so what can be saved is really on a case by case basis. However, here are some guidelines that you can use to make the best decision possible.
What Type of Water Damage
Determining whether the water that damaged your personal belongings is clean or contaminated will be a big factor in whether or not it can be salvaged. Obviously, if you are dealing with clean water, the chances of being able to save some of your belongings is higher. Even though it may be possible to restore something that is damaged by contaminated water, it is more than likely not worth the health risk that it may bring.
Porous vs Non Porous Materials
Porous materials such as fabrics, wood, and paper are very good at retaining water. This also means it increases the chance of other dangers like mold growth, and damage beyond repair. This is not always the case and if handled quickly and properly, many times these items can be saved as well. On the other hand, non-porous materials like marble, metal, and porcelain - among others - usually have no problem being restored. Since there is really nothing for bacteria and mold to root itself in, a simple cleaning is usually no problem.
The Amount of Time the Water Saturated
Another factor that will come into the equation of determining what can and cannot be saved is how long the materials have been wet for. The longer an item sits in water, the deeper it can penetrate. As you can imagine, this makes it increasingly more difficult to bring it back to its normal state. The perfect example of this is wooden furniture. It takes quite a bit of time for it to really absorb and become completely water logged. If you get personal belongings out of the standing water and begin the drying process right away, you have a good chance of being able to save them.
Factor in the Replacement Cost
Water damage restoration of personal belongings is no different than any other type of repair. You will always want to evaluate how much it is going to cost to repair something versus simply replacing it. Is the item you want to save really worth paying a professional to do work on it? Sometimes it is, sometimes it is not.
You should also take into account that paying for restoration does not guarantee your item will be returned to its original state. If that’s the case, you’ll have to replace the item anyways.
If you are unsure about whether or not one of your items could be salvaged, it is best that you get it analyzed by a professional. If you hire a water damage restoration company to handle a dry out of your property, they will be able to assist you in assessing damage to your personal belongings as well.
To speak to a professional water restoration representative at SERVPRO of South Pasadena, call them today (713) 472-4162. We’ll do our best to your get your home and your belongings back to “Like it never even happened.”