Commercial Water Damage
The Property Manager was thrilled that we responded so fast!
This building experienced a toilet overflow on the 17th floor. SERVPRO of South Pasadena arrived within the hour. We always begin by walking the job with the Engineer and Property Manager to discuss a plan of action.
There’s never a convenient time for flooding or water damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
Water Damage or Flooding? Call Us Today (713) 472-4162
A Graffiti Situation
The Be Someone sign is Houston's most famous piece of Graffiti. You can see it stretching over I-45 heading Southbound to Galveston.
It can happen to any business at any time. Schools and Downtown buildings understand the fear all too well. One day it’s not there and the next the walls are filled with colored scribbles. Graffiti can come in many forms such as tagging, wild style, or a creative piece. (click here to learn more).
Not all Graffiti is created equal. Some would argue it can be a piece of art, others are seen as disgusting vandalism. There are countless reasons people do it but something universal to all version is how difficult it is to clean up. If you find your business marked, have your maintenance man/woman take a look at these tips for removing graffiti.
5 Handy Removal Tips
- Remove the Graffiti as quickly as possible! The longer it sits the more it settles into the material.
- Use a 3000psi pressure washer. When using this method do so with caution as too high of a pressure will etch the image you are trying to get rid of permanently into the surface.
- Commercial cleaners do exist that will help strip the paint. Take a trip to your nearest Home Deopt or Lowes
- Sandpaper the image down before removal to weaken the top layer of paint.
- Do not try to scrub the paint off with cloth, use a steel brush for better results
- When in doubt, call the professionals!
SERVPRO of South Pasadena in an expert in Graffiti removal. The SERVPRO franchise has developed special chemical cleaners to aid in the removal of paint that, when used correctly, could lessen the damage to the surface trying to be cleaned.
Did your building get tagged when you weren't looking? Don't let it be something you stress over and call us at (281)-412-6211.
Facts About Hurricane Harvey
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today (713) 472-4162
August 17- September 2, 2017
- 82 confirmed deaths
- Harvey was the first major hurricane to hit the US since Wilma (2005)
- Was the first Category 4 Hurricane in Texas since Carla (1961)
- Over 200,000 homes were damaged or destroyed
- 738,000 people registered with FEMA
- More than $378 million dollars have been paid out
- The Hurricane caused $125 billion in damage
- The first point of landfall was August 25 in south-central Texas
- Only 20% of homes hit had flood insurance, leaving the other 80% left without coverage
- Some areas were recorded getting up to 51 inches of rain
- The highest wind speed recorded was 134 mph
- Texans Football Player J.J Watt raised a staggering $37 million in relief funds for Harvey
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today (713) 472-4162
Facts and information credited to:
Amadeo, Kimberly. “Hurricane Harvey Shows How Climate Change Can Impact the Economy.” The Balance, www.thebalance.com/hurricane-harvey-facts-damage-costs-4150087.
“Hurricane Harvey Aftermath.” Www.cnn.com, www.cnn.com/specials/us/hurricane-harvey.
“Hurricane Harvey: Facts, FAQs, and How to Help.” World Vision, 11 Dec. 2017, www.worldvision.org/disaster-relief-news-stories/hurricane-harvey-facts.
Let SERVPRO of South Pasadena clean and disinfect your School, Home or Business of Viruses
The CDC has posted the information on the attached link regarding the seasonal influenza occurring at our schools recently. SERVPRO South Pasadena can address this issue, as well as others, with the cleaning products we use. Our disinfectants are EPA, FDA and OSHA compliant, have a very low toxicity rating, and are effective against the most common disease and odor-causing organisms, including MRSA, HIV-1 (AIDS virus), Influenza A2, Avian Flu, VRE, TB, Herpes, and many others.
Differences between cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing
- Cleaning removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects. Cleaning works by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Disinfecting kills germs on surfaces or objects. Disinfecting works by using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces or objects. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
- Sanitizing lowers the number of germs on surfaces or objects to a safe level, as judged by public health standards or requirements. This process works by either cleaning or disinfecting surfaces or objects to lower the risk of spreading infection.
SERVPRO of South Pasadena can address these issues in an educational environment, business environment, or any other setting where many are working in close contact with others. SERVPRO can clean and disinfect the surroundings to prevent the spread of these viruses.
Please call our office at (281)412-6211 to schedule an assessment of your situation.
What To Avoid When Dealing With a Water Damage
Whether water damage affects your home from a pipe break or an external cause, contact SERVPRO for effective remediation services.
Why Cross-training Matters in Water Damage Restoration Services here in Houston.
Water damage can be debilitating. Private residents are more often than not ill-equipped to deal with large amounts of water and the longer it is left to sit the more likely it is to cause permanent damage. SERVPRO is a restoration company that has built its stellar reputation on professional handling of water and fire damages for commercial property managers and private residents. We are a local company with access to phenomenal resources thanks to our national franchises all over the US.
Water damage in Houston properties can often be the start of a long list of problems. The reason is that moisture can weaken structural areas of the home as well as its carpets, fittings, and furniture. Moist environments are also breeding grounds for secondary damages like mold growth or unpleasant odors. Here at SERVPRO, our technicians undergo intensive training to give them a broad working knowledge of different aspects of remediation and their knock-on effects.
A SERVPRO technician usually holds several certificates issued by the IICRC, and they bring that training into every service. Holding a certificate in odor control, for example, can be hugely beneficial during water cleanup. The same can be said for the assessment and remediation of mold which may be discovered during service. It is this broad range of expertise that differentiates our technicians from other providers.
Availability is the reason SERVPRO is the restoration service of choice for so many private residents and commercial property owners. We operate a 24 hour a day call line because we know that damages can be unexpected and happen anytime. Having the safety net of an emergency call line is essential to our customers. Because our technicians live and work local to the area, we can also promise to arrive on site within four hours of notification of loss.
Next time you experience property damages contact SERVPRO of South Pasadena at (713) 472-4162
Repair Fire Damage Quickly!
Mitigation Over Replacing
Fire damage and a fire loss can be repaired by a fire cleanup crew in a few short days and it is faster to contact the commercial fire damage company when the fire is still raging (After you have called Emergency Services first). Our fire damage repair crew will arrive on the scene and immediately begin the process of repairing the home. There are fire problems you may not expect to be as severe as they actually are as well as other issues most homeowners don't even consider that have nothing to do with the actual fire. For example, if the Fire Department came to your house and had to use a hose to douse the flames you will have some amount of water damage.
Remember: Mitigation Over Replacing
- Cost Effective. It is by far cheaper and easier to clean an item than it is to replace it. The Faster SERVPRO can respond to your damage the higher the chance we can save some of your personal items.
- Preserve Air Quality. The longer ash and soot lingers in the air the more it becomes hazardous to your health.
- Keep The Smell Out. If SERVPRO can get to the scene soon after the damage occurs it is possible to prevent the permanent smell of burning from seeping into clothes and furniture.
- Prevent Mold. If water was poured onto the fire it stands to reason it soaked your floors and appliances. Left untreated it becomes a perfect breeding ground for mold.
- Save Time. Believe it or not, the longer damage sits it becomes worse, even if you think its as bad as its going to get. The worse a job is the longer it takes to clean up. Still, it is always faster to repair than it is to build anew.
- Peace of Mind. The faster your life gets back to normal the less amount of stress is put on your body and mind. Fewer days laying awake at night in a place that isn't your own. Less stress equals a healthier and happier life. You can also rest assured the job was/is being done properly so there are no issues down the line because of cutting corners.
When you have fire damage it feels like your life is going up in flames. Breath (just not in the smoke). SERVPRO of South Pasadena will come to the rescue and do what we do best. Make it "Like it never even happened." or better!
Don't Overload Your Room's Electrical Outlets
Don't use too many multi-plug devices.
Most electrical outlets are designed to handle a specific amperage. It’s best not to try to push them to their capacity by using too many multi-plug devices. If you ever notice any scorched marks or burning odors around an electrical outlet, stop using that outlet and inform someone of the problem right away.
Overloaded circuit warning signs:
- Flickering, blinking, or dimming lights
- Frequently tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses
- Warm or discolored wall plates
- Cracking, sizzling, or buzzing from receptacles
- Burning order coming from receptacles or wall switches
- Mild shock or tingle from appliances, receptacles, or switches
How to prevent electrical overloads:
- Never use extension cords or multi-outlet converters for appliances
- All major appliances should be plugged directly into a wall receptacle outlet. Only plug one heat-producing appliance into a receptacle outlet at a time
- A heavy reliance on extension cords is an indication that you have too few outlets to address your needs. Have a qualified electrician inspect your home and add new outlets
- Power strips only add additional outlets; they do not change the amount of power being received from the outlet
Have Questions? Call Us Today –
5 Steps To Avoid Coming Home to a Water Damage Catastrophe
Avoid coming home to this.
Home water damage is the second most-commonly filed homeowners’ insurance claim, most of them non-weather related. Plumbing mishaps top the charts for water damage in the home.
Those most common mishaps are:
- Busted pipes
- Toilet overflows
- Water heater leaks
- Dishwasher leaks
- Ice maker malfunctions
- Sink overflows
- Busted washing machine hoses
- Shower and tub leaks and overflows
In most cases, time is of the essence when dealing with water damage. Whether it’s a small leak or a flooded room, the damage can be devastating. Follow these steps to help eliminate the chances of water damage while you’re gone:
- Inspect your home for leaks before you leave. Check out the pipes under all sinks as well as hoses to your washing machine and ice maker. Also, examine your water heater, does it have any cracks or rust? If so, take the steps to repair or replace it to avoid coming home to a water-logged home.
- If traveling for any length of time, turn off the main water supply to your home and turn on your faucets to drain your pipes. Also, be sure to flush your toilets after you shut off your water. This will prevent busted pipes due to freezing, and stop the flow of water into your home. Leave the cabinet doors under sinks open while you are gone to allow warm air to circulate around the pipes.
- Insulate exposed pipes to keep them from freezing in the winter. You can find foam rubber or fiberglass sleeves that fit right over the pipes at any local hardware store. Protect outdoor faucets by removing any hoses and covering them with foam bib protectors.
- Install floor pans under your major appliances. Although they can’t fully protect you from a major leak, they can prevent damage due to small, undetected leaks.
- If you plan to be gone for an extended period of time, or if you travel often, consider purchasing a water flow monitoring system. A water flow monitoring system is attached to your water main and protects your entire house. The system works by measuring water flow into your house. If it detects continuous water flow beyond the normal stopping and starting of your everyday appliances, it stops the flow of water into your house automatically.
We here at SERVPRO of South Pasadena know that not every water damage can be prevented, so we’re here to help! If you have water damage in your home, please call us immediately at (713) 472-4162 to minimize the damage to your home and belongings. We will make it “Like it never even happened.”
Conditions in Houston Area Might Be Right For Mold
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (713) 472-4162
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because of sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of South Pasadena is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Pasadena community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We proudly serve Pasadena, TX, and surrounding areas.
Some electrical fires happen because of problems in house wiring or appliance failure.
When an electrical fire happens most people are taken by surprise. It usually happens from a simple act done a hundred times before such as turning on a light switch or plugging in your phone, but this time it causes sparks to fly. There are few tells to look for indicating the fire is imminent. Yet with today's safety standards in modern-day products, electrical fires happen so rarely even when we push the wiring to its limit that we are lured into a false sense of security.
Remember To Look For:
Frayed Wiring- There is always that one cell phone charger that seems to pull at the ends and become frayed. The wiring may be exposed but you continue to use it anyway because it still works. Please don't. The exposed wiring could spark at any time and cause a fire that would be much more expensive to pay for over buying a new charger.
Old Wiring- In between the walls of every home runs a maze of circuitry and copper wiring. All homes are built to code with plenty of electrical charges to sustain modern appliances. As time goes on and we invent bigger, better, and more energy consuming products it becomes harder for the old wiring to keep up.
Overpopulated Extension Cords- During the holiday season, this becomes the most common fire hazard. It is also the most common cause of fires during the month of December.
High Wattage Bulbs- Every lamp comes with a little warning label informing the owner of the highest wattage it can safely use. Do not stick any bulb in a light fixture because it fits.
Space Heaters- The most common cause of a household fire occurring because of these is due to the nature of how easy it is to light fabrics on fire. Keep space heaters away from curtains and organic products.