Why Are We Successful?
Quality people have two major attributes, they have a positive attitude and they are technically skilled. These attributes are vital for both success
All employees undergo extensive water restoration training and certification.
SERVPRO of South Pasadena is a leading cleanup and restoration company in the United States. One of the primary reasons for this success is the quality people found throughout our Franchise organization. Quality people have two major attributes, they have a positive attitude and they are technically skilled. These attributes are vital for both success in the SERVPRO of South Pasadena System, and in the quest to always provide the highest quality service.
But these attributes become even more important when you consider that almost every customer our Franchise encounter has just experienced some form of traumatic, life-altering event. A home saturated by water, a business damaged by fire, a structure overrun with mold. When dealing with these types of crisis, the customer wants to know that they are dealing with a professional, not someone who lacks training or is willing to take shortcuts that could lead to even more problems in the future.
Instead, they want to know that the people caring for them are knowledgeable of the latest industry standards, are trained to follow standard restoration methods and processes, will take the time to answer their questions and meet their needs, and will put their life back in order as quickly as possible. They want SERVPRO Professionals. Call Kimberly Today at 281-520-8197 or our office at (713) 472-4162.
Dry Out Your Property & Contents
For help with wet books, call SERVPRO of South Pasadena at (713) 472-4162 today.
Naturally, you do not want your business’ or institutions’ books to get wet, and in the event of water damage, it is natural to panic.
However, professional water removal can help preserve and save books. Even books that are entirely soaked might be salvageable using a robust process known as freeze drying. First, documents are freeze dried to preserve their current state. Then, we place them in a specialist freeze-drying chamber, and all air is suctioned out. A combination of pressure and temperature are used to evaporate water and collect it outside the chamber.
SERVPRO understands that the sight of wet books and papers is upsetting and it is natural to want to take action as soon as possible. However, we recommend caution and offer the following guidelines.
Stop water flow if it is safe to do so, to prevent further harm to delicate books.
We suggest taking unaffected papers to another, drier, location if you can, to prevent them from being affected.
It is essential that the affected area is kept dry and cold. We recommend using a dehumidifier if possible to reduce humidity. You can use a fan for moving the air and aiding the drying process. Do not panic if you do not have access to the correct equipment - our IICRC-certified technicians arrive equipped with dehumidifiers and fans ready to do the job.
Be very careful with water-logged books. Do not open the volumes, remove their bindings, or fan the pages. Handle each item as little as possible until our staff arrives.
If water is still dripping from a leak or broken pipe or roof, spread plastic sheeting over collections to protect them from drips.
Swift action is vitally important. The sooner books are frozen, the higher the chance of salvaging them successfully. That is why we recommend putting in a call to SERVPRO as soon as you can. Our IICRC-certified technicians are ready to remove water from the floor, reduce humidity, encourage evaporation and, most importantly, carefully take your books for freeze-drying.
For help with wet books, call SERVPRO of South Pasadena at (713) 472-4162 today.
The Importance of Professional Smoke Removal After a Fire
Removing Smoke, Odor, and Soot After a Fire.
It may come as a surprise to many that the biggest cause of death and illnesses resulting from a fire is not the fire itself but smoke. Homes and commercial spaces are filled with many different materials, both in the structure and home furnishings. Not all materials burn clean, often releasing hazardous toxins. Some of these chemicals can break into particulate matter: extremely small solid or liquid particles. These particles are easily inhaled or absorbed via skin contact, potentially causing serious health issues. While most every fire has particular matter and carbon monoxide, there are other chemicals to know and be weary of.
Burning barrels of trash is not encouraged with highly regarded warnings because of the dyes, pigments, coatings, and other components of everyday trash. Allowing these chemicals to be released into the air and environment around you is extremely harmful. This holds true to the burning of non-trash household items as well. For instance, treated wood that is burned can release arsenic, copper, or creosote. The chemicals found in treated wood are used to preserve the wood from everyday wear; they are not meant to be burned, therefore considered as possible carcinogens. Another commonly found material is plastic. Burned plastic can release hydrochloric acid, sulfur dioxide, and other heavy metals. Inhaling any of these compounds can potentially cause damage to the immune and respiratory system.
SERVPRO of South Pasadena has dealt with many residential and commercial fires, providing cleaning and restoration in a safe, professional manner. Our technicians have the proper equipment and safety gear to avoid the affects of lingering toxins.
If your home is in need of soot, smoke, or odor removal, call the professionals at SERVPRO, (713) 472-4162.
The Importance of Biohazard Cleanup
Hiring SERVPRO of South Pasadena to handle hazardous cleanup is a smart and cost-effective choice.
During a violent crime, injuries and even death can leave health hazards behind. Blood stains and other bodily fluids can transmit disease if they are not addressed properly, and inexperienced cleaners can face risks if the proper cleanup techniques are not used. If your property has been the site of a violent crime, hiring SERVPRO of South Pasadena to handle hazardous cleanup is a smart and cost-effective choice.
Cleanup Crew Safety
The proper handling of blood and other bodily fluids during crime scene cleanup is essential to protect the health of the cleaners on the job. Our professional crime scene cleaners have both the experience and the resources to address any hazards that may remain at a crime scene without risking exposure to disease, either to the cleanup crew or to anyone who might access the area during or after crime scene cleanup. Not only will SERVPRO of South Pasadena use the right techniques to prevent health hazards, they will also bring with them any and all equipment necessary, rather than requiring you to research and purchase the tools and solutions needed to clean blood stains and other signs of a violent crime.
Occupant Safety and Convenience
If crime scene cleanup is not completed properly, the crime site can remain a serious health hazard long after the initial event. Many blood- and fluid-borne diseases remain active threats for significant periods of time, while other issues such as pests or mold could put building occupants at further risk if the crime scene is not properly cleaned. SERVPRO of South Pasadena will not only ensure the site is cleaned quickly and with minimal disruption to your daily schedule, but also prevent the many problems that can arise when crime scene cleanup is not handled properly and thoroughly. Crime scene cleanup is a job that is always best left to professional cleaners for health, safety, and peace of mind. Working with SERVPRO of South Pasadena will protect you and your property from the potential long-term effects of violent crime.
Need Biohazard Cleanup Services?
Call Us Today – (713) 472-4162
We Are Coronavirus Cleaning Services and Biohazard Experts
For Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned cleaning, call Kimberly Today at 281-520-8197.
SERVPRO professionals are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis. Our professionals are trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
For specialized cleaning services, including the new Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned defensive pathogen cleaning program, call Kimberly Today at 281-520-8197 or our office at (713) 472-4162. Learn more
Let US Assist YOU with the Fire Damage Cleanup Process
Call SERVPRO after the fire department!
Let SERVPRO Assess and Evaluate Your Fire Damaged Household Items
Most homeowners are eager to get into their homes again after a fire event, which is perfectly understandable. However, many people are not aware that once they call a restoration professional, there are key actions they can take to help the process along.
After you've called SERVPRO to handle your home's fire damage, there are several important things that you can do to make cleanup and restoration go more smoothly. Here's how we can work together to quickly get your home back in great condition.
*Gather pertinent information about your home insurance policy.
*Be careful not to throw away any items.
*Stay safe -- we will handle EVERYTHING!
The team at SERVPRO of South Pasadena is ready to help get your home back in order so you can start enjoying it again and have peace of mind.
For more information about our fire damage restoration services or to obtain a quote, call us 24/7/365!
Office (713) 472-4162
Kimberly Robb, Sales Manager (281) 520-8197
Fire Pit Safety
Fire Damage? Call us at (713) 472-4162!
For many families its a tradition to enjoy the nights outside around a homemade fire pit! Many of us are looking forward to spending time gathering around them to enjoy time with family and friends. Before you start dreaming of moonlit nights and toasted marshmallows, take a moment to check out some of these tips to remember.
Backyard Fire Pit Safety Tips:
- Whether you prefer a built-in or portable fire pit, choose one that is not too large for the area. The pit should be a minimum of 10 feet away from any structures or combustible materials as well as away from trees, fences, sheds, power lines, and telephone wires, 25 feet away from apartment or multi residence buildings.
- Make sure that the seating area is large enough and properly placed for comfort and ventilation.
- Check wind direction before lighting a fire.
- Don’t use flammable fluids (gasoline, lighter fluid, etc.) to light or relight fires.
- To start the fire, use a lighter to ignite crumpled pieces of paper covered with small sticks. Then, add larger sticks and a log or two to keep it burning.
- Burn only dry material. Damp material will create excess smoke.
- Use a commercial fire pit screen on top to help prevent large amber from leaving the controlled area.
- Don’t wear flammable clothing (like nylon) or any loose-fitting clothing.
- Never leave the fire unattended, and keep pets and children far away from the fire as they will be attracted to it.
- Keep a fire extinguisher, garden hose, or bucket of water nearby.
- As the fire dies down, use a shovel and spread out the ashes to allow them to cool down. Then slowly pour water over those ashes and watch them closely to be sure that no burning embers remain or reignite. Put the cooled ashes in a specially designated ash storage metal can.
Sewage Damage? 4 Steps To Take
Sewage damage is never pretty, but it doesn't have to be debilitating. Call US to Cleanup!
Four Things To Do If You Find Sewage Damage In Your Business
Discovering sewage damage in your business can be both harrowing and disgusting. However, you'll need to be on your toes for the sewer cleanup. If it's more than a simple floor leak, specific measures need to be taken. While a restoration company can do the cleaning, there are a few procedures you may carry out. Here are four things to do if you find sewage damage in your business.
1. Unplug and Turn Off Nearby Electronics
First and foremost, it's essential to get rid of any safety hazards around the sewer backup. Make sure anything that runs on electricity is turned off and/or unplugged. Here are some items to look out for in a business setting:
- Video Equipment
Don't try to use anything electronic that was in the area. If the water touches one of these items, the surrounding area could become dangerous.
2. Open Windows
Mold is a serious concern after sewage damage occurs. Therefore, airing out your space is an essential task if you want to deter it. The fresh air also helps to get rid of any putrid smells from, for instance, a flooded toilet.
3. Remove Endangered Items
Anything that's been contaminated by the sewage should be left to the professionals, but it's prudent to remove non-contaminated items from the area. If the water keeps leaking, it's liable to reach more of your property. Keep in mind that contaminated items might be restorable.
4. Inspect the Damage
The entire sewer cleanup process will go faster if you know what needs to be done. Without coming in contact with the sewage, try to see what damage has been caused. Make sure that restoration experts know your findings. If you can tell that something can't be restored and must be replaced, you'll be able to start that process immediately.
Sewage damage is never pretty, but it doesn't have to be debilitating. Stay attentive and know what steps to take. Once the sewer cleanup is over, you can know you did your best for the business.
Water Damage? Call Us Today!
SERVPRO Products Now On Amazon!
When your patrons or students or clients walk into your building, you can say with confidence that, “I’ve made the Best choice in cleaning."
We are so proud to announce that we have extended one of our core services to the public. We recognize that many community facilities are taking extraordinary precautions in the combating against COVID-19 by investing in fogging machines of their own. In the midst of a pandemic surge SERVPRO has decided to help empower your machines by selling our BEST disinfectant directly to the public: SERVPROXIDE - your #1 choice for effective disinfectant cleaning! We’ve heard your cries to provide a proactive, regular daily use cleaning solution to apply on your own. To which we replied a resounding, “YES!” In the history of SERVPRO we have never sold our products direct before…sssh!
The direct sale of SERVPROXIDE to businesses online through Amazon and Amazon Business. CSP offers a win-win solution to bridge the gap between the commercial clients’ needs and resources and those of SERVPRO. As consumers master the use of CSP to disinfect suspected or confirmed COVID cases, we anticipate that business owners and decisionmakers will first contact the brand you rely on and the people that you trust as the “experts in clean” (a.k.a. SERVPRO of South Pasadena) when other disasters strike!
What’s the Difference??
- Cleaning refers to the removal of dirt and impurities, including germs, from surfaces. Cleaning alone does not kill germs. But by removing the germs, it decreases their number and therefore any risk of spreading infection.
- Disinfecting works by using chemicals, for example EPA-registered disinfectants, to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs. But killing germs remaining on a surface after cleaning further reduces any risk of spreading infection.
Each purchase will come with a Cleaned with SERVPRO Product shield to display on your front door or window. So, when your patrons or students or clients walk into your building, you can say with confidence that, “I’ve made the Best choice in cleaning and disinfecting.”
More about Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Water Damage? What To Do Until Help Arrives
There are actions you can take to lessen the damage until our team arrives, thus saving money and time.
When your commercial property suffers water damage, every second to recovery counts.
Commercial water damage can be especially devastating since more often than not, it affects more than just a single occupant of the building. It can lead to loss of income for businesses, and severe hardship for any employees if they cannot return to work for a period of time. For these reasons, and more, you need a clean-up and restoration company you can trust. SERVPRO of South Pasadena is that company!
There are actions you can take to lessen the damage until our team arrives, thus saving money and time.
WATER DAMAGE FROM CLEAN WATER
- Shut off the water source if possible, or contact a qualified party to stop the water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
- Leave Oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TV’s or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
WATER DAMAGE FROM CONTAMINATED WATER
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
If water damage of any nature threatens your business, count on the professionals at SERVPRO of South Pasadena to restore your properties to pre-disaster condition. Commercial water damage can be reversed and we’ll have you back in business in a flash, "Like it never even happened."
Please call our office at (713) 472-4162, or call Kimberly at 281-520-8197 any time of the day or night for assistance. We are proudly ranked as of one of the leading commercial restoration companies in the nation.